The Sufficiency Of Scripture Conference 2009

Sorry it has taken me so long to post this:(
Back in December dad, Graydon Langford, and I flew out to Covington Kentucky (just below Cincinnati OH).
Our flight left at 11:45 pm on the 8th and arrived in Kentucky around 10:30 am the next morning. I did not sleep a wink partly because of turbulence and partly because I was so excited.
So I stayed awake for 42 hours, almost two days, before I got to sleep!!
The day that we arrived we went to the Creation Museum there in Kentucky, it was amazing, huge, and there was so much to see.

We stopped here for lunch after we toured the museum and had some Cincinnati Chili.

They had this cage in one of the rooms with live birds in them
Moses and Aaron
Martian Luther nailing up his 95 theses

The Garden of Eden with the new additions of my Dad and Graydon.
Adam naming the animals
Dinosaurs in the garden
Some of the dinosaurs were animated which added to the whole effect!

Cane and Able

The construction of Noah's ark was my favorite room


Model of Noah's Ark
A scale model of animals loading onto the ark
Can you see the little people on the rock in this scale model of the flood?

Noah giving thanks to God
Babylon
"Don't Eat Me!!!!"
A real fossilized T-Rex egg
And more dinosaurs



The convention center that held the conference
A weird looking building next door
Our very dear friends the Price family
The inside of our hotel



Some of the people behind the scenes
The people involved in the making of Mysterious Islands film
One of the bridges going into Ohio
Going home
Grand Coulee Dam

The conference was very eye opening and inspirational. Even though I was working most of the time I was still able to listen to a few of the speakers and spend some time with dear friends. All the speakers were so gifted in expounding the Word of God and driving home the point that the Bible MUST be the measuring line for every area of life. Our culture shouldn't dictate how we conduct our worship in church, how we share the Gospel, how we raise our families, or even how we organize our church. The Bible must be our guide. Truly we neglect the sufficiency of Scripture in so many ways. It was a super conference! A special thank you to my dear friend Jonathan Langford for giving me the opportunity to attend the conference. You're the best Jonny!


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Glad you and your dad were able to go to this conference! Your photography is stunning! :-)

Jon Criss said...

Nice photos Matt! It sounds like it was a great conference. Wish I could have been there.